Sunday, April 11, 2010

Module 3 (Week 3)

Now the fun begins! Flikr and YouTube are this Module’s subject matter. For those of you who love to take pictures, Flikr is a great website. You can share your account with anybody and the memory space to store those pictures is on their servers. Of course, Flikr is not the only site available and there are other tools that are dedicated to enhancing your photo experience. Check out Photosnack.com to make your own professional slide show or Fotobabble.com where you can add your own voice to your pictures.

And then there’s YouTube. What can you say? This site is ginormous. You can spend hours looking for the craziest stuff. It is very popular and, in my opinion, businesses and libraries are still figuring out how to best utilize this tool. What are your thoughts on that?

9 comments:

  1. Good day everybody. This week should be interesting with photos and YouTube. Anybody have a favorite YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Tube is like potato chips. One leads to another and another and another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The instructions say you have to have a yahoo acct to sign up for Flickr. You can use your google acct instead, just click on the google icon instead of signing up for yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose a picture to represent me, how do I get it where you can see it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @JB - Nice. It can be addicting. I have looked for different playing styles for guitar and you are so right...one leads to another and another and another...
    @Deanna - Thanks for that info! I'll change the directions for the next time. I think I can see your picture. Is it an open hand with a key in it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that's it! Also, I have opened a youtube account, how do I get the URL of the video I want to share?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, not my video, of course, but great to listen to!

    http://youtu.be/NOmDnKVJ0aA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also this one, it is amazing!
    http://youtu.be/EhetvLOBOOo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice posts Deanna. It had me laughing because the first video was adults with tiny guitars and the second was tiny kids with big guitars. I was busting a gut here. They are all very talented!

    ReplyDelete