Sunday, April 4, 2010

Module 2 (Week 2)

Welcome back! So, Module 2 introduces you to wikis and Google docs. Hopefully, the wiki format looks familiar to you. Wikipedia.com is probably the most notorious wiki out there. Many businesses, including libraries, have adopted wikis for all sorts of different applications. How do you think wikis could work for you or the library? Google Docs has become more and more popular with the public. Since many people are already familiar with Microsoft Office products, it is not much of a stretch to learn Google Docs. I think the best part is the collaboration piece. Having the ability to share your documents with others who can also edit them is pretty powerful. What do you think? Can you think of ways this could be useful to libraries?

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope all is going well for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a wiki would be helpful for individual branch contact numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally finished last week's exercises. I have to say that Twitter looks to be a complete waste of time! I'm almost finished with this week's assignments. Other than Tammi, no one is responding to me via gmail or google docs. Not everyone has "accepted" me either. Are you out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know that if you move your cursor around in the fish area (upper right), the fish will follow you? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Deanna. I'm a little behind. I sent you a message and left a little note on your shared document. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm here to feed the fishies.

    Am playing playing catch up, too.

    See you all for trivia tonight?

    ReplyDelete