Monday, May 3, 2010
Module 6 (Week 6)
Is there an elephant in the room? Yes. It’s Facebook! There’s no denying the fact that Facebook has made a huge impact on social networking. I’m going to venture to say everybody has at least heard of Facebook. Well, now you get to see what the hoopla is all about. Personally, I have seen the benefits of Facebook. I have been able to stay in contact with friends who will never move outside Illinois and have actually reconnected with relatives after 20 years! But it has benefits for businesses and libraries as well. Stacie Ledden is our Facebooker for Anythink. How do you think Facebook could benefit a library? Did anybody check out LinkedIn? What do you think makes social networking so popular? Only one more Module to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love Facebook! I have found long lost friends and am now keeping in touch with them. I could not find any of my classmates on FB, however, except Scott.
ReplyDeleteI did make an account on Facebook, but since I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, I only "friended" my daughters and set it up so only friends could see me! As it was I ended up with 30 requests for friends when other family members found out! So I'm invisible! Sorry!
ReplyDelete